Award-winning pastry chef Robert Hac joins us to taste some of the best chocolate croissants in San Francisco. Robert is the pastry chef at Sons & Daughters, where he builds seasonal desserts inspired by memories of the foods he ate as a kid. He traces his love of cooking to his grandma, and the dumplings and mochi they made together. We talk about the start of his decade-plus career before Robert shares the essential trait needed to enter the culinary world, creeps himself out from his open kitchen, and defends the artisan creator. And what in the world does Jackson Pollock have to do with dessert? Tune in to find out!
Links and Show Notes
- Sons & Daughters
- 2017 Pastry Chef of the Year, San Francisco Magazine
- Second Act Marketplace
- California Culinary Academy
- San Francisco Cooking School
- City College of San Francisco Culinary Arts and Hospitality Studies program
- Stage—“An unpaid internship when a cook or chef works briefly, for free, in another chef's kitchen to learn and be exposed to new techniques and cuisines.”
- The French Laundry
- Dandelion Camino Verde chocolate
- Chocolate Croissant map
Thank you for listening. You can follow us on Twitter and Instagram:
- Lettuce Wrap (@lettucewrappod): /
- Christine Doerr: @christinedoerr / @neococoaconfections
- Tammy Tan (@spicehound): ) /
or email us at email@example.com.
That’s a wrap!
Amazon and other links may be affiliates. Purchases help support the show.