The Pumpkin in the Room (T&C Talk)
December 14th, 2019
46 mins 22 secs
About this Episode
In our final episode of 2019, we take a break from interviews to talk about our favorite (and busiest!) time of the year: The holidays! We get personal and chat about our holiday history, how we prepare (business-wise and personally), how we celebrate, and what we miss. Along the way, we admit a few shocking truths, from Tammy’s feelings on pumpkin pie to Christine’s childhood Halloween costume, and we wrap up with a holiday-themed Wrapid Fire and a heartfelt thank you to you, our listeners!
Happy Holidays, Happy New Year, and see you in 2020!
(Recorded in November just ahead of Thanksgiving.)
Links and Show Notes
- Turkey Brine—"To make a moist, juicy turkey, you should use our turkey brine. One package of our turkey brine is enough for a 14-20 pound turkey.”
- Spice Hound giftsets—For the adventurous or aspiring chef, collections of four to twelve tins of herbs, rubs, and blends, from Adobo to Za’atar.
- London Fog drink
- Earl Grey & Vanilla—“A spin on a classic winter pairing - earl grey tea and vanilla bean combined with dark chocolate ganache and tossed in cocoa powder.”
- Pumpkin Spice Milk Chocolate—“A holiday favorite, our milk chocolate pumpkin spice truffle is infused with a classic blend of spices traditionally used in making pumpkin pie, resulting in a rich, creamy morsel that is as good as if not better than actually biting into a freshly baked slice of pumpkin pie.”
- Pumpkin Pie Spice—“A favorite holiday spice blend that makes delicious pies. Though it is called Pumpkin Pie Spice, it makes wonderful apple, sweet potato or any fruit pie that you want that spiced flavor. We recommend 2 teaspoon of this spice blend in your fruit pies.”
- Cinnamon, including Vietnamese, Sri Lankan and Indonesian varieties.
- Mulling Spices—“An aromatic blend to mull apple cider or red wines.”
- Peppermint truffle—“Like a cool breeze on a balmy summer day, our dark chocolate peppermint truffle envelopes you with just the right amount of minty coolness for a refreshing bite that is sure to brighten your day.”
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Squares—“We have taken a quintessential childhood treat and given it a sophisticated make-over. Our artisan crafted Peppermint Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Squares are fluffy and delicate in texture. Made with Guittard Chocolate’s cocoa rouge powder and peppermint extract, our marshmallows have a robust, fudge-like flavor. The 72% dark chocolate exterior further enhances the chocolate experience resulting in an intensely satisfying treat that is sure to awaken that inner child and to please even the most discerning gourmand.“
- Ambrosia fruit salad
- Beef Wellington
- Salmon terrine
- Rainbow cookies
- “Christmas Tree Lane” in Palo Alto plus similar streets in San Carlos, and Alameda, or find more at California Christmas Lights & Displays
Thank you for listening. You can follow us on Twitter and Instagram:
- Lettuce Wrap: @lettucewrappod / @lettucewrappod
- Christine Doerr: @christinedoerr / @neococoaconfections
- Tammy Tan: @spicehound / @spicehound
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
That’s a wrap!
Amazon and other links may be affiliates. Purchases help support the show.