From an immunology Ph.D to ice cream entrepreneur, learn how a book, a funny name, and a memory of an ice cream taco all came together to form Lori’s delicious desert business. We discuss reasons to remaining artisanal, the argument against franchising, and the power of liquid nitrogen.
Links and Show Notes
- I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! (Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup commercial)
- Song that originated the phrase
- Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Omnivore’s Dilemma
- The Legend of the Choco Taco (invented by Alan Drazen)
- Liquid nitrogen “Dewer”
- Cool Haus in LA, ice cream cookie sandwiches
- Salt & Straw
- Jeni’s Ice Cream
- La Cocina—“cultivate low-income food entrepreneurs as they formalize and grow their businesses.”
- Anthony Bourdain
Thank you for listening. You can follow us on Twitter:
or email us at email@example.com.
That’s a wrap!
Amazon and other links may be affiliates. Purchases help support the show.