This episode we talk about something we both know a bit about: farmers’ markets. Both NeoCocoa and Spice Hound owe their early success to these neighborhood marketplaces, and we firmly believe they’re an amazing way for new food entrepreneurs to get started. We visit a local market to chat with vendors and shoppers, ponder their growing popularity in urban areas, and share our experiences from over a decade of being behind the table.
Links and Show Notes
- La Cocina —“a nonprofit working to solve problems of equity in business ownership for women, immigrants and people of color.”
Markets we mentioned
- San Mateo farmers’ market
- Ferry Building farmers’ market (San Francisco)
- Downtown Palo Alto farmers’ market
- California Avenue farmers’ market (Palo Alto)
- San Carlos farmers’ market
- Stonestown Galleria farmers’ market (San Francisco)
- Daly City farmers’ market
- Coastside farmers’ market (Half Moon Bay)
- Certified Farmers’ Markets by San Francisco Bay Area County
Farmers’ market associations
- Pacific Coast Farmers’ Market Association (PCFMA)
- Urban Village Farmers’ Markets (UVFM)
- CUESA (Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture)
Save 25% at Spice Hound and NeoCocoa!
The holiday season is upon us, and as a special “thank you” for being a Lettuce Wrap listener, we’re offering you 25% off all items at both NeoCocoa and SpiceHound online stores! Listen to the episode for the special website and discount code!
Thank you for listening. You can follow us on Twitter and Instagram:
- Lettuce Wrap: @lettucewrappod / @lettucewrappod
- Christine Doerr: @christinedoerr / @neococoaconfections
- Tammy Tan: @spicehound / @spicehound
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
That’s a wrap!
Amazon and other links may be affiliates. Purchases help support the show.